Monday, December 26, 2011
Foreign Policy: Why this issue is Ron Paul's strongest...
Establishment Republicans have become apoplectic over the potential for a Ron Paul victory. They claim his Foreign Policy agenda will destroy America. Translation: President Paul will throttle back the dollars going into the War Machine, and will take the most lucrative market off the table - the American Domestic market.
There are trillions on the table for defense companies in an America that focuses her bayonets inward. Think VIPR Teams, scanners, armored vehicles for the Podunk Police Department, et cetera.
Ron Paul refuses to let that obtain. He points to that troublesome document for support - the Constitution.
What the Republicans fear is genuine: Ron Paul's Foreign Policy positions appeal to the Hard Right and they will appeal to the Hard Left in a General Election.
Ron Paul's economic message appeals to an even broader coalition of Left & Right.
Here is the bullet-list of Foreign Policy positions directly from Ron Paul's 2012 site:
* Make securing our borders the top national security priority.
* Avoid long and expensive land wars that bankrupt our country by using constitutional means to capture or kill terrorist leaders who helped attack the U.S. and continue to plot further attacks.
* Guarantee our intelligence community’s efforts are directed toward legitimate threats and not spying on innocent Americans through unconstitutional power grabs like the Patriot Act.
* End the nation-building that is draining troop morale, increasing our debt, and sacrificing lives with no end in sight.
* Follow the Constitution by asking Congress to declare war before one is waged.
* Only send our military into conflict with a clear mission and all the tools they need to complete the job – and then bring them home.
* Ensure our veterans receive the care, benefits, and honors they have earned when they return.
* Revitalize the military for the 21st century by eliminating waste in a trillion-dollar military budget.
* Prevent the TSA from forcing Americans to either be groped or ogled just to travel on an airplane and ultimately abolish the unconstitutional agency.
* Stop taking money from the middle class and the poor to give to rich dictators through foreign aid.
Ron Paul can be the next President of the United States with his message.
The only obstacle he faces is an Establishment R machine that will deliberately refuse to support his campaign against President Obama.
For the Establishment, President Obama is better than a President Paul.
If you are not ready to step off the porch, if you think there remains a whisp of hope in the political sphere, do what you can to advance your ideals.
From Kerodin and III%
Here's the link to Ron Paul's official site; http://www.ronpaul2012.com/